VET Student Loans
From 1 January 2017, VET Student Loans will be implemented. This is a new Commonwealth VET Student Loans program that replaces the existing VET FEE-HELP loan program, giving eligible students access to a higher quality level VET qualification, particularly those students who could not otherwise afford to pay upfront.
More information on VET Student Loans can be found by visiting the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training website including:
- Loan caps
- Eligible Course List
VET FEE-HELP for Existing Students
You can continue to study under your VET FEE-HELP loan if you're an existing student and you'll finish your course before the end of 2017. If you're not going to finish in 2017, TAFE New England will contact you to discuss your options.
For all continuing VET FEE-HELP students, the Commonwealth Government has a new "opt in" process:
- you'll be contacted by mail or email to confirm that you wish to continue your studies
- you'll then need to complete and submit a form to the Commonwealth Government
- you'll need to provide TAFE NSW with a copy of your loan confirmation letter (not your "opt in" email).
For more information please contact your local campus or refer to the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training website.
More information can be found by visiting the TAFE NSW website including:
- What is a VET Student Loan
- VET FEE-HELP for Existing Students
- How does it Work?
- Am I Eligible?
- Is a VET Student Loan available for my course?
- How do I apply?
- Student Entry Procedure
- Credit Transfer
- How will my course fee be charged?
- How do I pay back the Loan?
- More Information - Study Assist Website
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Fair Treatment
- Grievance procedures for Academic Matters
- Grievance procedures for non-academic Matters
- Withdrawals and Refunds
- Tuition Assurance
- Personal Information
Please note, you should also seek independent financial advice prior to taking a loan